Friday, May 25, 2012

Live from Wiscon



Ah, Wiscon.

My favorite Feminist Science Fiction convention. Held in Madison, my second favorite Midwest city.  Where the annual winner of the Tiptree Award (a literary prize for science fiction or fantasy that expands or explores our understanding of gender) is announced. (The above image is Space Babe®, the mascot of the Tiptree Award. Image by Jeanne Gomoll.) Where I sell the freaky creatures I needle-felt during Scribblerati meet-ups. Where I go to hear old favorites read new works, and discover new favorites. Where I go to be reinvigorated, immersed in a geektific community of writers and readers.

And I am here now. Wheeeeeeeeh!

I've set up my art. I've mapped out my weekend in my program. Now I've just got to perfect that temporary whole-body mitosis process I've been working on so I can somehow manage to get to both "Before Self-Publishing, I Wish I..." (authors who successfully self-published their work share some of their mistakes and biggest lessons) and "The Nuts and Bolts of Trade Publishing" (as a writer, how do you navigate the trade publishing business?)

Highlights coming soon to a blog near you.



No comments: